WIA Luncheon Honorees
ASA Female Medal Recipients
- 2007 – Katherine S. Harris – For pioneering research and leadership in speech production and dedicated service to the Society.
- 2008 – Patricia K. Kuhl – For contributions to understanding how children acquire spoken language and for leadership in the Society.
R. Bruce Lindsay Award
- 1987 – Ilene J. Busch-Vishniac – For outstanding contributions to developing an improved understanding of the dynamic response of electret transducers and noise propagation in urban environments.
- 1995 – Beverly A. Wright – For contributions to the understanding of auditory processing of complex sound.
- 2001 – Purnima Ratilal – For contributions to the theory of wave propagation and scattering through a waveguide, and to the acoustic remote sensing of marine life.
- 2003 – Dani Byrd – For research in motor control and timing in speech production.
- 2005 – Lily M. Wang – For contributions to room and musical acoustics.
- 2009 – Kelly Benoit-Bird – For contributions in marine ecological acoustics.
- 2013 – Eleanor P. J. Stride – For contributions to biomedical application of bubbles.
- 2016 – Megan S. Ballard – For contributions to underwater acoustic propagation modeling and inversion techniques in acoustical oceanography.
Silver Medal in Engineering Acoustics
- 2001 – Ilene J. Busch Vishniac – For development of novel electret microphones and of micro-electro-mechanical sensors and positioners.
Silver Medal in Musical Acoustics
- 1981 – Carleen M. Hutchins – For outstanding contributions and leadership in the development of a new violin family of musical instruments, and for leadership in the acoustical research on bowed string musical instruments.
Silver Medal in Physical Acoustics
- 2017 – Evgenia Zabolotskaya – For contributions to nonlinear acoustics and bubble dynamics.
Silver Medal in Speech Communication
- 1997 – Patricia K. Kuhl – For contributions to the understanding of innate and learned aspects of speech perception and production.
- 2005 – Katherine S. Harris – For research and leadership in speech production.
- 2008 – Winifred Strange – For contributions to understanding speech perception.
- 2014 – Sheila E. Blumstein – For contributions to understanding how acoustic signals are transformed into linguistic representations.
Distinguished Service Citation
- 1973 – Betty H. Goodfriend
- 1997 – Alice H. Suter
- 1999 – Elaine Moran
- 2000 – F. Avril Brenig
- 2016 – Susan B. Blaeser
A. B. Wood Medal and Prize of the Institute of Acoustics
- 1990 – Ann P. Dowling
- 2008 – Judith Bell
ASA Female Officers
- Patricia K. Kuhl (1999-2000)
- Katherine S. Harris (2000-2001)
- Ilene J. Busch-Vishniac (2003-2004)
- Mardi C. Hastings (2011-2012)
- Judy R. Dubno (2014-2015)
- Christy K. Holland (2015-2016)
- Marcia J. Isakson (2017-2018)
- Lily M. Wang (2018-2019)
- Edith L.R. Corliss 1979-80
- Katherine S. Harris 1990-91
- Patricia K. Kuhl 1996-97
- Ilene J. Busch-Vishniac 1997-98
- Janet M. Weisenberger 2001-02
- Donna L. Neff 2005-06
- Diane Kewley-Port 2009-10
- Judy R. Dubno 2010-11
- Brigitte Schulte-Fortkamp 2011-12
- Barbara G. Shinn-Cunningham 2014-15
- Lily M. Wang 2015-16